Monday, May 30, 2011

A Quick Fix

Our living room doesn't get much sun even at the brightest time of day. I blame looming foliage and an unfavorable angle of light. That didn't occur to me last winter when I bought the darkest, busiest curtains that money could buy. But now that we're officially out of the winter gloom, my poor little sitting room seemed to be suffocating, so the dark fabric was exchanged for lighter sheers.

Before: Smothered living room



After: A breath of fresh air

We're already planning on refinishing the fireplace, painting the walls and replacing the carpet with hardwood. Meanwhile, what am I going to do with the old curtains?


Fiddle dee dee

I'm sorely tempted since I found the discontinued sewing pattern for it.


Cough cough... Christmas... cough

1 comment: