Monday, October 10, 2011

happy belated fall!

I'm back from a spectacular weekend in New Hampshire and Maine with a mountain (har har) of laundry and a dozen errands to run.  While I get my act together, picture-wise, here's a super quick project I slapped together to usher in the fall.

Original tutorial here at Two Butterflies




It's so rare that my projects take under five hours!  This one couldn't have taken more than 20 minutes.  I printed leaf clip art to trace for the felt pieces and then ran them through my sewing machine to make the center vein before sewing them to the wreath.  The hoop is one half of an embroidery hoop that was leftover from another project and the fabric was leftover scraps from my last skirt.  Now if the weather would just cooperate because 80° is not my idea of autumn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment