Tuesday, January 17, 2012

hangover homesteading

I was not very productive on Sunday.  Not unless you consider watching five back-to-back episodes of Lost productive.  Dinner with friends on Saturday night snowballed into a few more drinks than I had intended.  An extra glass of wine always looks like a good idea until the next morning.

Late in the afternoon, I peeled myself off the couch and puttered around the kitchen looking for something to redeem myself with.  Lo and behold, I found two wrinkly jalapenos in the corner of the produce drawer that were begging for a little attention.  Instead of relegating them to the compost bin, I pulled up some quick instructions on how to pickle the little guys.  


Less than 10 minutes later, I popped the jar in the fridge and started planning an excellent night of falafel sandwiches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment