Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No TV Snow Day

When the Boston school system has a snow day, so does my office. Best company policy ever. Faced with the prospect of 10 straight hours of Destination Truth on Netflix, I decided to keep the TV off during business hours to make the most of my found free time. After sleeping in, I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast with a new book before launching myself into Productivity Central.
 
 Crafted some of my sister’s birthday present


Watched the snow pile up
 

Organized my fabric stash
 

Made super easy chicken soup
No, really easy. Olive oil, one onion, six carrots, six celery stalks, three garlic cloves, heaping handful fresh parsley, two boxes of chicken stock, one pound (humanely-raised) chicken breast, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Sauté the onion and garlic while chopping the rest of the veggies. Once the bottom of the pot gets brown, toss in the chicken stock with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then throw in the chopped veggies and the whole chicken breast. Put the lid on, reduce to a summer and ignore it for an hour after which fish out the chicken and shred it with a couple of forks. Put the chicken back in and simmer for another two or three hours (the longer the better). Ladle over cooked egg noodles, top with an absurd amount of grated parmesan, and serve to delighted husband.


Supervised Beau’s bathroom renovation
 

Beamed at the grouted floor and new light fixture

Now I’m off to do a half an hour of Pilates before eating that chicken soup. I wish there was a snow day every Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment